Clawson Blue Stilton Meatballs
1 onion, roughly chopped
1 clove of garlic, roughly chopped
3 slices of white bread, torn into pieces
500g lamb mince (vegetarian alternative: 2 x 410g cans of butter beans)
125g Clawson Blue Silton®, crumbled
1 bunch fresh parsley, chopped
2tbsp olive oil
1 onion, sliced
175g mushrooms, sliced
400g can of chopped tomatoes
2tbsp tomato puree
150ml lamb stock (vegetarian alternative: vegetable stock)
Salt and pepper to taste
Noodles/spaghetti to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. In a food processor, whiz the chopped onion, garlic and breadcrumbs until evenly crumbed.
- Transfer into a bowl and mix in the mince (vegetarians: butter beans, finely blended) and Clawson Blue Stilton®. Stir in the egg, parsley and seasonings.
- Shape the mixture into small balls and arrange in a roasting tin. Bake for 20 - 25 minutes until browned. Lift out of the pan with a slotted spoon, discarding any fat.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil and fry the sliced onion until starting to brown. Add the mushrooms and continue to fry for 2 - 3 minutes before adding the tomatoes, tomato puree and stock. Bring to the boil and simmer for 8 - 10 minutes, until the sauce starts to thicken.
- Add the meatballs to the sauce and cook gently for 3 - 4 minutes until hot. Serve with noodles or spaghetti.
A PDF of this recipe is available below to save and print.