FLYING THE FLAG FOR BRITISH CHEESE IN SOUTH EAST ASIA
We're helping to ‘fly the flag’ for the best of British cheese & dairy products at the Food and Hotel Asia (FHA) exhibition being held in Singapore from 24th – 29th April.
Billed as a mega trade-show synonymous with the food and hospitality industry in Asia, FHA will feature 4,000 international exhibitors and be visited by an estimated 78,000 trade attendees from across South East Asia, Asia and China.
We'll be showcasing a range of high quality British cheese and dairy products including:
- West Country Farmhouse Cheddars from Barber’s including its renowned 1833 Vintage Reserve Cheddar
- Our own ‘Westminster’ brand of great tasting cheddars and hard territorial cheese
- Popular blended cheeses such as Chilli & Lime and Monterey Jack & Truffle
- A range of sliced cheddars targeted at the growing number of up market burger chains in the region
- A cheese snacking range for retail and a range of cheeses specifically for the fast-developing foodservice and airline catering sectors
Rodda Cornish Clotted Cream
- The Somerdale stand will also feature water crackers and biscuits produced by Rakusen’s which has been making delicious, healthy water crackers in the UK since 1900.
Somerdale already has an established presence in South East Asia with a network of regional distributors in Singapore, Malaysia, South Korea, Indonesia, Hong Kong and The Philippines. We believe that FHA will provide a strong platform from which to grow our sales further with the aim of quadrupling these in the next three years.
There is a growing demand for high quality dairy products in South East Asia and we are witnessing increasing interest in British cheese. This is not simply from the ‘ex-pat’ community but increasingly from a growing middle class who have travelled more than ever before and have often been educated in Europe, the USA or Australia.
We have a great story to tell in relation to the product quality, environmental standards and provenance of British cheese & dairy and our presence at FHA will help us we believe communicate this to the South East Asian market.
Stephen Jones - Managing Director - Somerdale International Ltd