Cheesy Bacon-Egg Cups Recipe
Easy to make and super-satisfying, these little Cheesy Bacon Eggs Cups will help you to feel totally energized and ready to embrace the day ahead…
A delicious and quick breakfast choice, the cheesy cups are not just perfect for all the family but make a great addition to a fun Sunday brunch with friends too – trust us, your guests will be utterly impressed!
- Preparation and Cooking Time: 15 mins
- Skill Level: Easy
- Serves: 4
- 3 generous tablespoons of grated Westminster Smoked Cheddar
- 6 slices of freshly cooked bacon
- 6 large eggs
- 3 thick slices of your favourite fresh bread
- A pinch of salt and pepper for seasoning
- 6 thinly chopped spring onions
- Prep the oven by heating it to 400°F.
- Grab a medium sized jar, or handy cookie cutter, and cut two circles into each slice of fresh bread. In a muffin baking tray, place one circle of bread at the bottom of each cup.
- Wrap a piece of freshly cooked bacon (we know - it’s hard to resist taking a bite!) around the edges of each muffin cup to create a casing for the delicious filling. Top tip! It’s important to use bacon that has just been cooked and is still warm to ensure it doesn’t break or crumble.
- Time to embrace the cheese! Sprinkle 1/2 a tablespoon of our Westminster Smoked Cheddar into each cup - it’s okay, you can add a little extra if you like… we won’t tell - and crack the egg on top.
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper for seasoning, and bake the dish for 15 minutes (a little longer if you like a firmer yolk).
- Once cooked, top the cheesy delights with spring onions and serve immediately.
Top tip! For that added dash of flavor, sprinkle some chives on top of the egg before cooking.