Sprout and Cheddar Soup
What goes great with our English Westminster Cheddar, I hear you ask? In the holiday season, it’s none other than the Brussel sprout! The Northern European-originating vegetable has been part of our Christmas dinner for centuries, and we know you can be partial to a handful of the green stuff too!
Mixed with our gorgeous cheddar cheese, this recipe for Brussel Sprout and Cheddar Soup is sure to be a heart-warmer this holiday!
And hey, it makes for the perfect seasonal treat if the kids left you with plenty of green leftovers!
- Preparation and Cooking Time: 35 mins
- Skill Level: Easy
- Serves: 4
- 2 medium onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 280g (10oz) pre-cooked Brussels sprouts
- 560ml (20 fl oz) vegetable stock
- 4 tablespoons single cream
- 85g (3oz) Westminster Sharp Cheddar cheese, plus extra to serve
- a splash of olive oil (extra for drizzling)
Let's get cooking:
- Finely chop your onions and toss into a pan of pre-heated oil, frying over a medium heat until soft (around 8-10 minutes)
- Whilst your onions are frying to perfection, finely chop half of the sprouts, cutting the rest into halves or quarters
- Crush the garlic!
- Add the garlic to the pan, stir-frying for approximately one minute
- Add the chopped sprouts and vegetable stock, covering with a lid
- Bring to the boil before taking the pan off the heat to cool
- It's now time to puree the soup! Then, stir in the cream, the remaining chunky sprouts, that all important Westminster Cheddar and some seasoning!
- Simmer for 2-3 minutes until the cheddar cheese has gorgeously melted
- It's ready! Drizzle over some olive oil and, you guessed it, scatter on some more cheese!